The Global Cannabis Partnership (GCP) is a not-for-profit is looking for a creative and energetic Communications Specialist to be a key player on our team based in Saint John, N.B. In this role, you’ll be responsible for coordinating and writing a wide variety of communications projects including website copy, emails, communications plans, promotional collateral, in addition to contract management and membership coordination. You’ll assist in the development and implementation of the GCP’s marketing and communications goals, working to provide a consistent voice and cohesive branding strategy to our various audiences (GCP members, consumers, media, industry-related associations, NGOs). This is a mid-level position with growth possibilities.
- Managing overall development and execution of key member communications.
- Updating content as required for all areas of the GCP website.
- Using social media tools such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter to promote the Partnership and its programs.
- Assisting with media relations including maintaining media lists and distributing stories and news releases to the media.
- Maintaining excellence in customer service for increased member retention.
- Coordinating & attending all GCP member meetings and serving as recorder for all scheduled meetings.
- Project management of various initiatives related to the GCP.
- Maintaining and nurturing relationships with both new and existing members.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What qualities you have and what you’ve done:
- Completion of a post-secondary program in Journalism, English, Communications or equivalent
- 5+ years experience working in a communications role within a professional environment
- Portfolio of writing samples
- Intermediate Word and PowerPoint skills; basic Excel and familiarity with MailChimp
- Excellent oral and written communication and organization skills
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Highly flexible; comfortable working with ambiguity, frequently changing time frames and short deadlines
- Self-motivated and curious
- Bilingualism is an asset
If this sounds intriguing, and you’re interested in being part of a dynamic, fast-paced, creative team in a growing industry, we want to meet you. Please apply with your resume and tailored cover letter to email@example.com with Communications Specialist, GCP as the subject before July 19, 2019.